Real estate is a complex and fast-moving industry that depends on quick action to seize opportunities. The rules and regulations governing this sector are constantly changing, and if you’re not working with a CPA who is up to date on the latest developments, it can cost you time and money.
The LaPorte Real Estate Industry Group speaks the language of this sector. Our knowledgeable team has decades of experience working with the business planning, tax and accounting needs of developers, owners, investors, management companies, title companies and other industry leaders. With more than 35 years of working with real estate professionals, LaPorte’s team has grown to one of our biggest and most nimble industry groups.
When you work with LaPorte, you won’t need to take time to train us. We’re well-versed in the industry and our commitment and experience is demonstrated through our professionals’ leadership, sponsorship and participation in trade organizations and associations.
Our Real Estate Industry Group strives to make LaPorte the premier real estate accounting firm in the Gulf South. To that end, we serve our clients throughout all phases of the real estate cycle, from acquisition and development to holding and selling.
- Acquisition support services, including lease due diligence
- ALTA Title Insurance and Settlement Company Best Practices services
- Readiness assessments and advisory services
- Agreed-upon procedures
- Certification package support
- Attest and assurance services – audit, review, and compilation
- Capital gain strategies
- Certifications for tax credits
- Low-income housing
- New markets
- Conservation easement planning and consultation
- Cost segregation studies
- Entity and transaction structuring, planning, and support
- Federal, state, and local tax incentives and guidelines
- Going Green incentives
- Historic rehabilitation tax credit services
- HUD and USDA assurance and compliance services
- Land banking with capital gain strategies
- Software consulting and implementation
- Tax-deferred exchanges
LAPORTE REAL ESTATE
(authored by RSM US LLP) Congress passed multiple pieces of legislation aimed at providing relief to employers struggling due to the pandemic. A new Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) report finds that ongoing IRS processing delays are causing businesses to wait on COVID-related credits claimed on Forms 941-X. The report states that as of Feb. 1, 2022, there were 447,435 Forms 941-X waiting to be processed.
The average commute in the United States is about 27 minutes. This is about one gallon of gas to and