Real estate is a complex and fast-moving industry that depends on quick action to seize opportunities. The rules and regulations governing this sector are constantly changing, and if you’re not working with a CPA who is up to date on the latest developments, it can cost you time and money.
The LaPorte Real Estate Industry Group speaks the language of this sector. Our knowledgeable team has decades of experience working with the business planning, tax and accounting needs of developers, owners, investors, management companies, title companies and other industry leaders. With more than 35 years of working with real estate professionals, LaPorte’s team has grown to one of our biggest and most nimble industry groups.
When you work with LaPorte, you won’t need to take time to train us. We’re well-versed in the industry and our commitment and experience is demonstrated through our professionals’ leadership, sponsorship and participation in trade organizations and associations.
Our Real Estate Industry Group strives to make LaPorte the premier real estate accounting firm in the Gulf South. To that end, we serve our clients throughout all phases of the real estate cycle, from acquisition and development to holding and selling.
- Acquisition support services, including lease due diligence
- ALTA Title Insurance and Settlement Company Best Practices services
- Readiness assessments and advisory services
- Agreed-upon procedures
- Certification package support
- Attest and assurance services – audit, review, and compilation
- Capital gain strategies
- Certifications for tax credits
- Low-income housing
- New markets
- Conservation easement planning and consultation
- Cost segregation studies
- Entity and transaction structuring, planning, and support
- Federal, state, and local tax incentives and guidelines
- Going Green incentives
- Historic rehabilitation tax credit services
- HUD and USDA assurance and compliance services
- Land banking with capital gain strategies
- Software consulting and implementation
- Tax-deferred exchanges
(authored by RSM US LLP) Summary of the American Families Plan and the potential impact that it could have on the real estate industry.
(authored by RSM US LLP) The FASB staff recently made clarifying comments related to the new goodwill impairment triggering event alternative.
(authored by RSM US LLP) The Relief Act made changes on how the Employee Retention Tax Credit works during the first two quarters of 2021.