While debate over the Affordable Care Act continues, the industry remains focused on providing high-quality, effective, cost-efficient care. With this focus, healthcare providers and suppliers continue on the path of value and quality reimbursement, bundled payments, clinical and financial integration, consumerism, and population health.
As a result, hospitals, physicians, and payers continue to face opportunities and challenges with changing reimbursement models, technology, operations, and delivery of care. This has resulted in industry consolidations: mergers, acquisitions, and financial and clinical relationships.
With no slowdown in sight, the industry continues to change – addressing organizational and service-line profitability, innovations in technology and delivery of care, enterprise risk and risk management, and return on investment.
To assist our industry clients, the LaPorte Healthcare Industry Group offers deep industry knowledge and experience to provide support and solutions for this complex and fast-changing sector. For more than two decades, we have offered a holistic multidisciplinary team approach that combines advisory, audit, and tax services to address the diverse opportunities, challenges, and areas of risk our healthcare clients face.
With leadership roles and membership in trade organizations and associations, our healthcare professionals are up to date on industry developments and serve healthcare organizations ranging from large, integrated healthcare delivery systems to private physician practices and ancillary providers. Whether working with governmental, nonprofit, or for-profit entities, we offer our clients thought leadership, compliance, and industry knowledge to move forward successfully in this fast-changing industry.
Services to the Healthcare Industry
- Buy-side/sell-side diligence and business valuations
- Compliance and enterprise risk assessments and solutions
- Integration and market strategy thought leadership
- Revenue cycle reviews and business improvement strategies
- Reimbursement consulting (technical and strategic)
- Financial modeling and service line profitability analyses
- Service outsourcing – reimbursement, internal audit, compliance
Audit and Assurance
- Agreed-upon procedures
- Financial statement audits
- Performance audits
- Single audits
- SSAE 16 audits
- Form 990
- IRS compliance issues
- Nonprofit organizational planning (entity structure and nonprofit type)
- Organizational performance evaluations using ratios, trending and benchmarking
LAPORTE HEALTHCARE OVERVIEW
When employees contribute a percentage of their wages to their employer’s sponsored retirement plan, they often assume the money is
Although the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) was written into law more than a year ago, it continues to