Today, risk management means more than compliance. It can mean optimizing organizational performance. With a highly competitive business environment and increasingly complex legal requirements that affect financial, operational, and information technology decisions, it is critical for organizations to maximize efficiency and maintain strong controls.
OUR QUALIFICATIONS TO MEET RISK MANAGEMENT NEEDS
Our Risk Advisory Services leadership team brings a thorough knowledge of the business process and information technology, having served clients ranging from small and growing, local companies to some of the world’s largest. We serve all major industries, including the following:
- Energy/oil and gas
- Hospitality and entertainment
- Financial services
- Professional services
- Public sector (local, state, and federal)
- Real estate
We help our clients develop action plans, manage risk and achieve greater efficiency and cost savings through the following services.
Business Process Improvement
- Providing risk assessments and diagnostic reviews
- Assisting with business-process design: evaluation, recommendations, action plan implementation
- Identifying efficiencies for business processes
- Analyzing company accounts, vendors, suppliers, and activities resulting in valuable information in management decision-making
- Reviewing and evaluating business policies and procedures
- Monitoring company internal control environments
- Providing internal audit outsourcing
- Augmenting internal audit department staffs
- Providing internal controls training and seminars
- Providing Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulatory compliance testing
- Designing dashboards to monitor risks, controls, and key indicators
- Identifying high risk areas and gaps in internal control systems
Information Technology (IT)
- Providing IT process design and evaluation
- Providing IT risk assessment and internal audit
- Performing cyber risk assessment and consulting
- Assisting with IT policies and procedures
- Providing best practices in IT general controls and application controls
- Providing data analytics assistance for a variety of audit or managerial applications
LAPORTE RISK ADVISORY SERVICES OVERVIEW
(authored by RSM US LLP) As cybersecurity threats emerge and expand, boards of directors have increased responsibility to address potential threats.
(authored by RSM US LLP) Middle market companies saw a sharp uptick in cyberattacks in the past year, according to an RSM US Middle Market Business Index survey.
(authored by RSM US LLP) Learn about strategies to manage your SOX program while facing unprecedented business challenges and changing guidance during COVID-19.