Today, risk management means more than compliance. It can mean optimizing organizational performance. With a highly competitive business environment and increasingly complex legal requirements that affect financial, operational, and information technology decisions, it is critical for organizations to maximize efficiency and maintain strong controls.
OUR QUALIFICATIONS TO MEET RISK MANAGEMENT NEEDS
Our Risk Advisory Services leadership team brings a thorough knowledge of the business process and information technology, having served clients ranging from small and growing, local companies to some of the world’s largest.
We help our clients develop action plans, manage risk and achieve greater efficiency and cost savings through the following services.
Business Process Improvement
- Providing risk assessments and diagnostic reviews
- Assisting with business-process design: evaluation, recommendations, action plan implementation
- Identifying efficiencies for business processes
- Analyzing company accounts, vendors, suppliers, and activities resulting in valuable information in management decision-making
- Reviewing and evaluating business policies and procedures
- Monitoring company internal control environments
- Providing internal audit outsourcing
- Augmenting internal audit department staffs
- Providing internal controls training and seminars
- Providing Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulatory compliance testing
- Designing dashboards to monitor risks, controls, and key indicators
- Identifying high risk areas and gaps in internal control systems
Information Technology (IT)
- Providing IT process design and evaluation
- Providing IT risk assessment and internal audit
- Performing cyber risk assessment and consulting
- Assisting with IT policies and procedures
- Providing best practices in IT general controls and application controls
- System and Organization Controls (SOC) 1, 2, 3 reporting
- System and Organization Controls (SOC) readiness reviews
- Providing data analytics assistance for a variety of audit or managerial applications
INTERNAL CONTROLS ASSESSMENTS
Rethinking risk assessments: From “checking the box” to competitive advantage
Conducting a comprehensive risk assessment is just the beginning of digital risk transformation. Executives must use risk assessments to guide improvements and create a competitive advantage.
FASB votes to simplify accounting for common control leases
(authored by RSM US LLP) For common control leases, the FASB is drafting amendments to simplify determining whether a lease exists, the classification of the lease, and accounting for leasehold improvements.
Proposed improvements to leases guidance on related party arrangements
(authored by RSM US LLP) Proposed improvements to leases guidance on related party arrangements
The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) has issued a proposed Accounting Standards Update