Owning or managing a construction company is challenging enough. But without the right strategic advisors working with you, it can be even more daunting. Do you have the right team supporting you?
If not, LaPorte’s construction industry professionals may be just who you need at the table. Our strong regional practice is supported by our access to current R&D, national conferences and training, and construction industry leaders across the US – possible through LaPorte’s alliance with one of the five largest national accounting and consulting firms in the country.
At the heart of our practice is the LaPorte Construction Industry Group, a team of 20 professionals committed to serving your industry. Four members of the group are certified construction industry finance professionals and most maintain leadership roles in trade organizations in Texas and Louisiana.
Our group has a long history of meeting monthly to discuss current and upcoming industry issues and strategize on ways that will help us serve you at the next level.
Our team’s deep knowledge of the industry allows us to serve a wide range of clients. Whether you are a general contractor or subcontractor, or whether you specialize in heavy highway, oilfield services, marine, and shipbuilding, or other areas, you’ll know that LaPorte focuses on your very specific needs, supported by a comprehensive understanding of the construction industry from our accounting, tax, and advisory perspective.
CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY SERVICES
- Attest and assurance services – audit, review, and compilation
- Tax return preparation
- Business valuations for estate planning and business
- Cost segregation studies
- Equipment buy vs. lease decision analyses
- Executive compensation reviews and evaluations
- Family business succession planning
- Identification of available federal and state credits
- Multi-state income and franchise tax planning
- Payroll tax and independent contractor issues
- Planning for application of advantageous long-term contract tax accounting methods
- Sales and use tax issues for contractors
- Benchmarking analyses
- Internal control studies and evaluations
- IT risk and controls assessments
- Payroll and benefits services
- Performance/operational reviews
- Software training support
- State contractors licensing applications
- Technical accounting support, including assistance with implementing new accounting pronouncements
LAPORTE CONSTRUCTION OVERVIEW
When employees contribute a percentage of their wages to their employer’s sponsored retirement plan, they often assume the money is
In early 2016, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), the body that sets accounting principles for U.S. entities, released a
Although the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) was written into law more than a year ago, it continues to