Estate Planning Services
With LaPorte’s decades of providing estate planning services to clients, we have learned that many of our clients – whether individuals or family-owned/closely held businesses — put off addressing these very important decisions. It’s understandable: the issues surrounding end-of-life and family business transfer planning are both complex and deeply emotional. Often, personal wealth and business affairs are also intertwined, adding to the complexity of making plans for unknowable futures.
The goal of our Estate Planning Services Group is to be a valuable contributor to your holistic life planning. We have a history of working with existing advisors to help deliver integrated wealth management solutions that will help grow and protect your assets. Among the most difficult issues for family businesses to address is the transition from generation to generation. Again, we have a strong record of working with our clients through the life cycle of their needs.
Our professionals have the credentials and experience to help clients accomplish their financial goals. Our services group leader has more than 20 years of experience in estate planning, and the group includes certified public accountants, a certified specialist in estate planning, and members accredited in business valuation or certified as business valuation and forensic financial analysts. Working closely with attorneys and other family advisors is an essential part of the services we provide.
LaPorte’s Estate Planning Services Group assists our clients (including large and small family-owned/closely held businesses and high-wealth individuals) by providing the following services:
- Advising on gift, estate, and business succession planning
- Consulting on generational transfers for large, complex family-owned/closely held businesses
- Identifying alternatives for transferring your estate and strategies for reducing taxes
- Providing valuations of closely held business interests
- Helping determine the life insurance needed to sustain the lifestyle of heirs, pay estate taxes, and provide liquidity for an estate