LaPorte is one of the largest independent accounting and business advisory firms in the region and proudly celebrated its 75th anniversary in 2021. It has 180 personnel in New Orleans, Houston, Baton Rouge, Covington and Houma.
LaPorte’s professionals are proud of the reputation they have helped build over the years. Examples of local and national recognition include the following:
- INSIDE Public Accounting has named LaPorte one of the “Top 200 Accounting Firms” for 13 consecutive years (2010-2022).
- Accounting Today included LaPorte among 44 national “Beyond the Top 100: Firms to Watch” and rated LaPorte 13 of 24 on the journal’s “2023 Regional Leaders” among Gulf Coast firms.
- LaPorte has been named six times to the “Best Accounting Firms” list by the New Orleans CityBusiness Reader Rankings poll and is a 13-time honoree of “Best Places to Work” by New Orleans CityBusiness.
- LaPorte has been named to the New Orleans Times-Picayune Top Workplaces – Midsize Employers list for 2016, 2017, 2021, and 2022.
- Forbes magazine named LaPorte to the list of “America’s Best Tax and Accounting Firms” in 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023.
As a full-service accounting and business advisory firm, our services include the following:
- Audit and assurance
- Business consulting
- Business succession planning
- Client accounting services
- Employee benefit plan services
- Estate planning
- Forensic and valuation services
- International services
- Outsourced controllership
- Profitability enhancement
- Risk advisory services
- Strategic planning
- Tax planning and compliance
- Transaction advisory services
LaPorte serves clients in most major industries, and its qualifications are enhanced by the deep resources available through our alliance. The firm’s principal industry groups include construction, dealerships, energy, financial services, healthcare, hospitality and entertainment, professional services, nonprofit, public sector, and real estate.
National and International Capabilities
Through its membership in the RSM US Alliance*, LaPorte is recognized as a regional firm with national and international capabilities. RSM US Alliance (www.rsmus.com/alliance) and RSM Canada Alliance are premier affiliations of independent accounting and consulting firms with 90 members in 40 U.S. states, Canada, the Cayman Islands, and Puerto Rico. RSM US Alliance provides its members with access to resources of RSM US LLP, the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with nearly 13,000 people in 83 cities in the US and four locations in Canada. As the US member of RSM International, RSM US LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax, and consulting firms with more than 51,000 people in over 120 countries.
Our affiliation with RSM US Alliance gives us the ability to respond to client demands in the same manner as nationally recognized accounting firms. We have quick and easy access to second opinions, lessons learned, best practices, technical and regulatory updates, and industry and service leaders throughout the country.
*RSM US Alliance provides its members with access to resources of RSM US LLP. RSM US Alliance member firms are separate and independent businesses and legal entities that are responsible for their own acts and omissions, and each is separate and independent from RSM US LLP. RSM US LLP is the US member firm of RSM International, a global network of independent audit, tax, and consulting firms. Members of RSM US Alliance have access to RSM International resources through RSM US LLP but are not member firms of RSM International. Visit rsmus.com/aboutus for more information regarding RSM US LLP and RSM International. The RSM™ brandmark is used under license by RSM US LLP. RSM US Alliance products and services are proprietary to RSM US LLP.
Dawn Laborie Named New Shareholder
Dawn Laborie, CPA, has been promoted to shareholder with LaPorte CPAs & Business Advisors. A Director in Audit and Assurance
Surety Bond Execs Share Insights for Coming Year
The National Association of Surety Bond Producers (NASBP) recently published insights on the year ahead from surety executives. Check out
Ted Mason, LaPorte’s Former President and CEO, Retires
William “Ted” Mason III, former LaPorte President and CEO, will retire from the firm effective December 1, 2022. Ted has