Business valuation is a complex process requiring a broad knowledge of finance and business, expert application of recognized valuation methodologies, and diligent adherence to professional standards. Sound judgment based on solid experience is of utmost importance.
The LaPorte Business Valuation Services Group assists its clients in establishing values for a variety of reasons and industries. Our reports comply with current rulings by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ Statement of Standards for Valuation Services and by the Internal Revenue Service.
OUR PROFESSIONAL COMMITMENT
Our commitment to the business valuation profession is clearly demonstrated through our degrees (master’s degrees in taxation, business administration, and finance), certifications (CPA, ABV, CVA, and CFFA), continuing professional education, and active participation in organizations and associations.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Corporate Growth
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
COMMON REASONS FOR BUSINESS VALUATIONS
The issues addressed through our business valuations are numerous.
- Buy/sell agreements
- Condemnation proceedings
- Divorce proceedings
- Eminent domain proceedings
- Employee stock ownership plans
- Estate and gift planning and taxes
- Financial reporting under SFAS 141R, 142, and 157
- Gifting to charitable organizations
- Going private/public
- Life insurance (key-man)
- Loan values
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Ownership disputes
- Planning stock options to key executives
- Purchase price allocations
- Sales of ownership interests
- Shareholder buy-ins/buy-outs
- Succession/retirement planning
- Value enhancement before anticipated sales
BUSINESS VALUATION SERVICES
- Valuation engagement – a full-scope engagement with an opinion of value that meets compliance requirements of the IRS
- Calculation engagement – a less comprehensive report, including an estimate of value
- Specialized report – a fair market value report for contracts, agreements, or other business arrangements that have generated earnings
- Valuation consulting – consulting with business owners on the value of their companies as part of sales transactions or for other reasons
- Expert witness testimony in adversarial proceedings
Changes to ITIN expiration will affect nonresident aliens who have invested in U.S. real estate ventures.