FINANCIAL REPORTING INSIGHTS |
Authored by RSM US LLP
On February 12, 2021, the SEC issued an Order extending its annual reports filing deadline by 30 days for a broker-dealer that meets the following requirements:
- As of its most recent fiscal year end:
- Was in compliance with Rule 15c3-1; and
- Had total capital and allowable subordinated liabilities of less than $50 million, as reported in box 3530 of Part II or Part IIA of its FOCUS Report (Form X-17A-5);
- Is permitted to file an exemption report as part of its most recent fiscal year end annual reports;
- Submits written notification to its designated examining authority of its intent to rely on the SEC’s Order on an ongoing basis for as long as it meets the conditions of the order; and
- Files the annual report electronically with the SEC using an appropriate process.
This article was written by RSM US LLP and originally appeared on 2021-02-15.
2020 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
RSM US Alliance provides its members with access to resources of RSM US LLP. RSM US Alliance member firms are separate and independent businesses and legal entities that are responsible for their own acts and omissions, and each is separate and independent from RSM US LLP. RSM US LLP is the U.S. member firm of RSM International, a global network of independent audit, tax, and consulting firms. Members of RSM US Alliance have access to RSM International resources through RSM US LLP but are not member firms of RSM International. Visit rsmus.com/about us for more information regarding RSM US LLP and RSM International. The RSM logo is used under license by RSM US LLP. RSM US Alliance products and services are proprietary to RSM US LLP.
LaPorte is a proud member of the RSM US Alliance, a premier affiliation of independent accounting and consulting firms in the United States. RSM US Alliance provides our firm with access to resources of RSM US LLP, the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market. RSM US LLP is a licensed CPA firm and the U.S. member of RSM International, a global network of independent audit, tax and consulting firms with more than 43,000 people in over 120 countries.
Our membership in RSM US Alliance has elevated our capabilities in the marketplace, helping to differentiate our firm from the competition while allowing us to maintain our independence and entrepreneurial culture. We have access to a valuable peer network of like-sized firms as well as a broad range of tools, expertise, and technical resources.
For more information on how LaPorte can assist you, please call 713.548.2034.