Established in 1946, LaPorte is one of the largest independent accounting and business advisory firms in the region, with over 175 personnel in New Orleans, Houston, Baton Rouge, Covington and Houma.
LaPorte is recognized as a regional firm with national and international capabilities. Since 2002, LaPorte has been a proud member of RSM US Alliance* – a premier affiliation of independent accounting and consulting firms in the United States, with more than 75 members in over 38 states, the Cayman Islands, and Puerto Rico. This affiliation gives us access to a full range of national and international capabilities. As a member of RSM US Alliance, we also have access to the resources of RSM US LLP (formerly McGladrey LLP), a leading provider of audit, tax, and consulting services focused on the middle market. A licensed CPA firm, RSM US LLP is the US member of RSM International, a global network of independent audit, tax, and consulting firms with more than 38,000 people in over 120 countries.
We make RSM US Alliance an integral part of our practice, which translates into quick and easy access to second opinions, lessons learned, best practices, and industry and service leaders throughout the country. Our affiliation with RSM US Alliance gives us the ability to respond to client demands in the same manner as nationally recognized accounting firms.
All audit techniques, specialized internal control review methodology and forms, and audit programs used by our staff are developed by RSM US, which also provides us with technical and regulatory updates.
- INSIDE Public Accounting named LaPorte one of the “Top 200 Accounting Firms” for the past seven years.
- Accountants Media Group, publishers of Accounting Today, rated LaPorte ninth of 16 on the journal’s “2016 Regional Leaders” among Gulf Coast firms.
- For nine consecutive years, LaPorte was named to the list of “Best Places to Work” by New Orleans CityBusiness.
- LaPorte has also been named to the New Orleans Times-Picayune 2016 Top Workplaces – Midsize Employers list.
- Audit and assurance
- Business consulting
- Business succession planning
- Business valuation
- Estate planning
- Human resources consulting
- Litigation and forensic accounting
- Outsourced controllership
- Profitability enhancement
- Risk advisory
- Strategic planning
- Tax planning and compliance
*RSM US Alliance is a premier affiliation of independent accounting and consulting firms. RSM US Alliance provides its members with access to resources of RSM US LLP (formerly known as McGladrey LLP). RSM US Alliance members firms are separate and independent businesses and legal entities that are responsible for their own acts and omissions, and each is separate and independent from RSM US LLP. RSM US LLP is the US member firm of RSM International, a global network of independent audit, tax, and consulting firms. Members of RSM US Alliance have access to RSM International resources through RSM US LLP but are not member firms of RSM International. Visit rsmus.com/aboutus for more information regarding RSM US LLP and RSM International. The RSM™ logo is used under license by RSM US LLP. RSM US Alliance products and services are proprietary to RSM US LLP.