Director of Tax Services and Business Valuation Services
Chavgney joined LaPorte in 1995 and presently holds the title Director of Tax Services and Business Valuations. He has extensive knowledge in tax accounting, specializing in partnerships, L.L.C.’s, S-corporations and estate & gift matters. He co-founded LaPorte’s Family & Owner-Managed Business Division. As a family business specialist, he helps family businesses survive the transition from generation to generation by guiding a family through an owner’s plan, a family plan, a business plan, and a succession plan.
Chavgney has valued business in several industries such as real estate, trucking, healthcare, banking, manufacturing, and professional services. The various purposes include mergers and acquisitions, estate & gift tax planning, marital dissolutions, and buy/sell agreements.
Litigation experience includes Forensic Accounting Services in cases involving divorce, lost wages, business interruption, fraud investigations and other insurance engagements.
Chavgney has made presentations on various Family Business and Valuation Issues. Some of the groups, he has presented to include the Northshore Estate Planning Council, American Society of Women Accountants, CPAmerica and the LSU Family Business Forum.
- M.B.A. in Taxation – Mississippi State University, 1993
- B.S. in Accounting – Mississippi State University, 1992
- B.S. in Finance – Louisiana State University, 1989
- Certified Public Accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- LSU Family Business Forum
- Northshore Estate Council
- New Orleans Estate Planning Council
- American Society of Appraisers – Candidate Member
- Tulane Family Business Center- Advisory Board member
- Executive member of the Fore!Kids Foundation, which promotes the PGA event in New Orleans
- Active member of St. Anselm’s Catholic Church