Director-in-Charge of Tax Services
Bruce currently serves as a director-in-charge of the Tax Services Department. He has extensive experience in all aspects of individual, corporation, S corporation and partnership, tax compliance and planning.
He frequently works with clients on mergers, acquisitions and dispositions of business enterprises. Bruce has represented clients in tax disputes before the IRS through the appellate division and before state and local governments on income and sales tax issues.
Bruce also has vast experience in tax issues relating to nonprofit entities. He co-founded the firm’s Family Business Services Division, which focuses on solving the unique personal and business problems of family owned businesses. He leads LaPorte’s Nonprofit Niche Group.
In 1998, Bruce served on a Louisiana CPA Society/Louisiana State Bar Association – Tax Section Joint Committee that met at the request of the secretary of the Louisiana Department of Revenue to recommend improvements and changes in Louisiana’s income and franchise tax regulations. Bruce joined the firm in 1983.
- M.S. Taxation, University of New Orleans
- B.S. Accounting, University of New Orleans
- Certified Public Accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants, State and Local Taxation Committee
- Autism Society of Greater New Orleans
- UNITY of Greater New Orleans