What is a global economy if not national economies functioning together in a global society? To be effective as a business – whether in a developing nation or industrialized one – means understanding and staying on top of tax laws around the world.
Does your company have the tax advisory services required to keep pace in this rapidly changing and complex economy? In particular, are you getting the highest level of service from your tax professionals? Is your accounting firm keeping you informed about regulatory changes and updates impacting your business? Are you getting valuable feedback and advantageous international tax planning ideas?
Our LaPorte International Tax Services Group professionals understand the complexities and unique compliance issues that our global clients face.
Tax Services Highlights
- One of the largest regional practices in Louisiana and Texas, with over 45 tax professionals
- An emphasis on staff education, including CPE and regular attendance at national conferences that focus on international tax
- A regional firm with international capabilities through our affiliation with RSM International
- More than 700 offices in more than 80 countries
- The sixth largest network of independent accounting, tax, and consulting firms worldwide
- An active member of RSM US Alliance
- More than 6,500 people in 75 offices nationwide
- Washington National Tax Group and full access to tax specialists in various industry groups
- Tax services providers who include certified public accountants, certified financial planners, certified specialists in estate planning, and masters of laws in taxation
- A practice that functions as a unified whole: clients have access to full resources of the firm through each office
Tax Services to Our Global Clients
Our seamless services to international tax clients include a broad range of planning and compliance for both inbound and outbound international operations. Examples include assisting with:
- International mergers and acquisitions
- International reorganizations
- International tax planning
- Subpart F planning
- Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts Reporting (FBAR)
- The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
- Transfer pricing
- Transfers to and from foreign trusts
Service Approach Profile
The LaPorte three-pronged tax approach focuses on:
- Gaining a thorough understanding of our clients’ businesses, how they work, issues that concern them, and how they want to be served
- Meeting our clients’ expectations by continually measuring our evolving understanding of their needs through regular communication with our clients
- Performing client service assessments to learn our strengths and how we can raise the bar on services
Our professionals focus on timely and responsive service, meeting regulatory deadlines, and staying in touch with our clients year-round. They work hard to help structure business operations and transactions in a tax-advantageous way and to define the right overall tax position for achieving savings and meeting business goals. We serve clients in all major industries.