Do you think all auditing firms are the same? Or that audits and reviews are simply necessary evils?
At LaPorte, we see it differently. Our professionals tailor their services specifically to meet client needs. They display a real passion for client service and work to bring added value to each engagement.
And LaPorte audits can provide insights into operational and control areas. They can lend credibility to your financial performance, particularly if you envision a sale or merger in the company’s future.
The LaPorte Audit and Assurance Services Group is made up of professionals who set their firm, professional, and personal standards high, constantly working to exceed them.
Audit and Assurance Services Highlights
- Highly credentialed professionals
- A focus on the advisory role
- Year-round communication
- Involvement of senior level engagement leaders
Our audit and assurance professionals also pride themselves on their:
- Collaborative approach to working with clients
- History of employee tenure and purposeful scheduling, leading to engagement team continuity
- Industry depth
- Strong technical abilities supported by LaPorte’s substantial investment in technology
Audit Approach Profile
LaPorte’s tailored audit approach emphasizes a high degree of front-end planning. We focus on your service expectations and on your organization and how it functions. We also concentrate on “getting in and getting out,” maximizing our efficiency and minimizing any disruption to your staff.
Our clients also benefit from our membership in nationally recognized RSM US Alliance, a premier affiliation of independent accounting and consulting firms in the United States, with more than 75 members in over 38 states, the Cayman Islands, and Puerto Rico. As a member of RSM US Alliance, we also have access to the resources of RSM US LLP (formerly McGladrey LLP), a leading provider of audit, tax, and consulting services focused on the middle market. Our staff takes advantage of RSM US audit techniques, specialized internal control review methodology and forms, and audit programs. They also receive technical and regulatory updates and participate in RMS US continuing education programs for audit, tax, and industry specializations.
Audit and Assurance Services Client Base
Our audit and assurance professionals serve clients in a broad range of industries, the principal ones including construction, energy, financial services, healthcare, hospitality and entertainment, law firm services, nonprofit, public sector, and real estate. Clients range in size from small or start-up entities to some of the region’s largest and most complex organizations.
LaPorte’s Audit and Assurance Services Group can assist with:
- Audits, reviews, and compilations of financial statements
- Agreed-upon procedures
- Audits of federal awards programs (compliance with Uniform Guidance)
- Due diligence for mergers and acquisitions
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Financial reporting
- Internal control studies and evaluations
- IT audits, reviews, and evaluations
- Reviews of quarterly filings for public companies
- Type I and Type II SOC 1 reports
For more information, please email Christina Chifici, Director of Audit and Assurance.